1. Schedule A/C service before the temps spike to ensure your A/C is working properly.
2. Figure out a game plan on where you’re going to spend your time if your A/C goes out.
3. Assemble a first aid kit and prepare for power outages by stocking up on candles, matches,
flashlights, and batteries.
4. Stay tuned to weather forecasts.
5. Learn how to recognize and treat heat-related injuries such as heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
6. Ensure your cell phone is fully charged.
7. Make sure your pets have adequate shade
8. Stay hydrated. Drink water even if you’re not thirsty.
9. Remain indoors during the hottest part of the day. If you must go outdoors be sure to take
10. Avoid turning your A/C down to its lowest temperatures.
11. Adjust your watering schedule to ensure you’re adequately watering your landscaping.
12. Check on any neighbors that are elderly, overweight, or ill.
13. Contact an A/C service provider if you suspect your A/C isn’t functioning properly, but don’t be
surprised if they’re booked out a few weeks at this point.