A well-organized house is an easy-to-care-for house. The experts at Merry Maids know this from experience and can offer some time saving tips that will help you organize and clean your home in no time flat.
- De-junk your home. Managing clutter takes too much time. Eliminate anything from your home that you are not currently using and donate unwanted items to charity. You will feel better about yourself and the appearance of your home.
- Remove temptation. If you pile clutter on a specific table, get rid of that table. That way, you are more likely to put things where they belong. Eliminate the areas where clutter builds.
- Get a mat. Use only one entry door into your home. Place an Astroturf mat outside the entry to your home. Also, place a sturdy nylon mat inside the house. This will eliminate an incredible amount of dust and dirt within your household, as well cut down on your cleaning time in general.
- Establish command central. Determine a place, usually in the kitchen, for the day’s mail, calendar, car keys, school papers, grocery lists, etc. This eliminates the chance for clutter throughout the house and cuts down on dirt buildup.
- Use the clock. Give cleaning solutions time to work. Spray the light fixtures and mirrors in the bathroom and let the cleaner work while you scrub the tub with an all- purpose cleaner, such as Murphyâ Oil Soap. Then come back to the fixtures and mirrors.
- Defy dust. Change furnace filters and replace vacuum bags regularly. Do not miss vents when you dust.
from American Home Shield “Inside & Out” Newsletter